Saturday, May 6, 2017

Not running for Board this year

After some serious thinking, I've decided not to run for the GNOME Foundation Board of Directors for the 2017-18 session.

As the other directors are aware, I've over-committed myself. I think I did a good job keeping up with GNOME Board issues, but it was sometimes a real stretch. And due to some budget and planning items happening at work, I've been busier in 2017 than I planned. I've missed a few Board meetings due to meeting conflicts or other issues.

It's not fair to GNOME for me to continue to be on the Board if I'm going to be this busy. So I've decided to not run again this year, and let someone with more time to take my seat.

However, I do plan to continue as director for the rest of the 2016-17 session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.